Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Antique Clocks in General


In this post, I will share with you some brief information regarding Antique Clocks. Among so many types and kinds of antiques, I regard antique clocks as the best creation that I have ever known. As I have posted earlier on, my daddy is a part time antique collector. In fact, in my house back in Ipoh, you can practically find anything to do with antique inside it. There are so many types of antiques that you might not even seen before. I promise to post some of the rare antiques pictures later on for you to view. It is my intention to create interest among people especially the younger generation to come to appreciate antiques in future.

Well, as I have mention, among all the antiques, my favourite are antique clocks. In fact, one of the main reason why they are my favourite are their unique chime. Every antique clock have their different type of chime. Some of this chimes produce sound that you might not get to listen anywhere else. The other reason why antique clock are the most unique is because of the variation of clock itself. Some antique clocks chime every hourly, some every 30 mins and the rare ones will chime every quarterly.

So, if anyone out there that happen to have some old antique clocks that you think are worthless, never ever throw it away. You'll never know how much it might be worth in future. I know that some of my friends used to have some old clocks which were passed down from their grandparents or great grandparents that they thought are worthless and so they either threw it away or give it to other people. Later on, when they happen to passed by some antique clock shop and realise that they have the same clock as the shop owner. They were surprised that their clocks were actually worth thousands of dollars. How they must have regret throwing their clocks away.

Anyway, I have a link on the right side of my blog to help you to check the value of your old clock just in case you want to throw them away. If you have extra time, I would strongly suggest you visit that link as it gives you a lot of information on antique clocks from the history, to the differnet types of clocks and the extremely rare clocks around the world. Who knows, you might actually have a piece of the rare antique clock stuck inside your store room :)

No comments: