Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

My One and Only Dad

This will be my 2nd blog that I have created this year. I choose to dedicate this blog to my daddy.

Well, just to give you some background about my daddy. He used to be a primary teacher in Ipoh (now already retired), in a small little school called Cator Avenue. For you guys out there that ever study in this school, I'm sure you have come to know my daddy as this school in Ipoh is a small little school and I guess every student will know every teacher.


Even though my daddy was a teacher throughout his life, he has this very unique hobby, that is collecting antiques especially antique clocks. The reason that I say that this is a very unique hobby is that a lot of people associate antiques with old junks, smelly and rusty ornaments or pieces.


I have never like antiques in the very beginning although I was born in a house full of antique clocks. I used to think that my daddy's antique clocks were noisy and they used up a lot of space especially our house walls.


Well, you see...... if you have ever come inside my house during those days (bout 30 years ago), you will realise that you can see more clocks hanging on the wall than you can ever see the colour of the actual wall itself. My house at that time have at least 200 antique clocks.......amazing right ?? Until today, I have never seen a house or heard of any house that has so many antique clocks. Sometimes, even a shop selling clocks will not have so many clocks hanging inside the shop.


Another reason that started this blog is to share with all the people out there how to appreciate antiques. As I have mentioned earlier on, I have never like antiques in the very beginning but I soon get to understand and appreciate what antiques are all about. Through this blog, I will share with all of you the sentiments as well as the nostalgic feeling that antiques can bring to a person.

No comments: